Hypertension, or high blood pressure, can lead to more serious medical conditions if left untreated. At Cardiology Consultants of Southwest Florida, we offer hypertension management services to our patients to help sustain healthy blood pressure levels and improve your quality of life.
Cardiology Consultants of Southwest Florida is located in Fort Myers, Florida. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and find out how to manage your hypertension safely and effectively.
What is Hypertension?
It is estimated by healthcare experts that roughly one third of Americans have hypertension and don’t know it, as this condition can manifest without symptoms. If you have a family history of hypertension, some symptoms to watch out for are:
- Pounding in the chest, neck, or ears
- Severe headache
- Chest pain/difficulty breathing
- Blurred vision
- Irregular heartbeat
These symptoms can also occur in the body without the presence of hypertension. At Cardiology Consultants of Southwest Florida, we offer advanced diagnostic testing to get the most accurate assessment of your overall heart health, and if you are experiencing hypertension, we will create a customized treatment plan for you to effectively manage your condition.
How is Hypertension Managed?
Creating healthy, sustainable hypertension management is often a multi-approach plan. Depending on your individual condition, our medical team may create your treatment plan based on:
- Lifestyle changes: In addition to genetics, a lack of exercise, poor diet, excessive smoking, and other lifestyle choices can greatly impact your blood pressure. Making personal changes can significantly improve your overall health and improve your quality and possibly the quantity of your life.
- Prescription medications: In some cases, prescription medications may also be necessary in order to keep blood pressure at a healthy level. Your options for these will be discussed during your consultation.
- Combined treatment: Blending better lifestyle choices with your blood pressure medication often optimizes your results and can improve your total body in addition to your heart health. Our medical team can help suggest nutritional and exercise guidelines to help you get started on your journey to better cardiovascular health.
What are the Complications of Hypertension?
There are multiple types of hypertension, and if left untreated, these conditions can affect other areas of your body, including the eyes, kidneys, and brain. It can also potentially lead to stroke and heart disease. If you are experiencing the symptoms of hypertension or want to know your risk for developing this condition, we can help.
Contact Cardiology Consultants of Southwest Florida today to schedule a consultation and find out how hypertension management services can help improve your quality of life.